The United States Institute of Peace (USIP) with the motto ‘making peace possible’ is a national, nonpartisan, independent institute founded by the Congress and dedicated to preventing, mitigating and resolving violent global conflicts. If you are committed to building peace and resolving conflict, USIP has an educational opportunity for you.
This online tuition-free program is fully sponsored and funded by the United States Institute of Peace as one out of many projects embarked on in response to the 2020 Corona virus pandemic.
Amidst this uncertain and challenging times, the USIP is focused in pushing up the educational sector to meet up with the current realities in place and at same time promote safety of lives and social interactions.
Organization: The United States Institute of Peace
Address: The USIP is located at 2301 Constitution Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20037
Official Website: Visit here
Mode of learning: E-learning
Tuition: Free tuition, no form of payment is required
Gender: Male and female
Area of Interest: Global Peace Building and Conflict Resolution
Who can apply: Everyone
Age: No age Limit
List of courses available in the institution include:
- Mission Zhobia
- Preventing Election Violence
- Good Governance After Conflict
- Introduction to Religion and Peace-building
- Gender Inclusivity in Peace-building
- Mediating Violent Conflict
- Introduction to Rule of Law Practice
- Preventing Election Violence
- Media and Arts for Peace
Application Deadline: This program will run from now till the end of 2021.
MODE OF APPLICATION FOR THE USIP COURSES:
Anyone who is interested in offering any of these courses should visit the USIP COURSE WEBSITE and enroll in the course of their choice.
The United States Institute of Peace Internship is specifically for students that are as at the time of application currently enrolled in any college or university in the Washington D.C. This students can work at USIP in the positions of paid part time research assistants. More so, recent graduates who have acquired degree in International Relations or other similar fields and have excellent academic qualifications can work as program assistants in the USIP. Additionally, those for this position should among other things have the following ;
- Competent research skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Administrative know-how
- Exceptional computer skills
- Previous internship or work experience.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THE USIP INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Applicants for the USIP internship program must be full-time registered students from Universities belonging to the Consortium of Universities of the Washington Metropolitan Area (CUWMA).
Some of this universities may include:
- Trinity University
- University of Maryland at College Park
- George Washington University
- Southeastern University
- American University
- Gallaudet University
- National Defence Intelligence College
- University of the District of Columbia
- National Defence University
- Howard University
- Marymount University
- Corcoran College of Art and Design
- George Mason University
- Catholic University of America
- Georgetown University
Mode of Application
Eligible applicants should visit the USIP Career page and upload a brief writing illustrating your research and writing skills, a copy of your resume and a cover letter stating which position is of interest to you.
Available Scholarship in Texas. Click here to apply
JOBS AVALIABLE AT THE USIP
The following job openings are currently available at the USIP
- Project Officer in Mali
- Project Specialist in Iraq
- Vice President, Africa in Washington, D.C, USA
- Administrative Assistant, Latin America Program in Washington, DC, USA
- Research Assistant, Learning, Evaluation and Research Washington, DC, USA
- Program Officer, Strategic Stability and Security in Washington, DC,USA
- Project Officer/ Senior Project Officer, Security Sector Reform in Tunisia
To host an event, email email@example.com or contact 202.429.7870
The institute will be hosting several online events aimed at bringing togetherness and diplomacy globally. One of such event is
The Next Era of US-Pacific Islands Engagement
Stated to hold by 9:00am,Wednesday,July 22, 2020. here, the event will discuss the opportunities, challenges and proposals needed to organize the next era of the US engagement in the Pacific.
Sino-Indian Escalation stated to hold on the Tuesday, 21 July, 2020 by 10:30-11:30am. Issues to be discussed here is the conflicts signals in china’s position toward disputed borders elsewhere and how far this rivalry will affect existing India-Pakistan tensions the implication it has on the United States of America