Lock Haven University is one of the top best institution where you can invest in your chosen education career and to apply for enrollment at the Lock Haven University, it is very important that you take into consideration what the institution does in providing quality education.
About Lock Haven University
The Lock Haven University (LHU) is a small public University located in Lock Haven, Pennsylvania, which was founded in 1870 as Central State Normal School. The school later became known as Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania after they joined the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education in 1983. LHU is best described as an unbeatable combination of quality, affordability, and value serving the region, the Commonwealth, and beyond since inception on 1870.The institution is said to have an an enrollment of 2,480 undergraduate students. The University majors on various course of study with much emphasis and special attention to the Health Professions, Nursing, and Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration.
If you want to know everything about the Lock Haven University Academic Program, then you need to read this article to the end because it consists all the important and necessary information on how to apply for the Program, who is eligible, eligibility nationality, Scholarship Program worth, benefits and more information.
Lock Haven Universities Tuition
The institution is ranking as one of the affordable four year colleges in the state. The University tuition was $7,238 per year for in-states residents, they charge extra fees of $2,991 as an addition to the tuition bringing the total to $10,229. This was 6% more expensive than the national average public four-year tuition of $6,841. However the cost was 72% cheaper than the average Pennsylvania tuition of $25,929 for 4-year colleges. And for the out-of-state students as of 2016, the tuition was $16,096 which represents a 122% premium.
The school provides housing and accommodations for students. To live on-campus room and board would cost $9,588 per academic year. However, students who want to live off-campus elsewhere in Lock Haven should budget at least this amount.
$1,650 is the estimated annual cost for books and supplies. And for other miscellaneous living expenses, Students living on-campus should budget for $4,120 as additional living expenses while Off-campus students should budget for $4,120.
Overview of the Haven University
Lock Haven, PA 17745
Books and Supplies
Undergraduates receiving aid 75%
Average amount received $6,627
Scholarships & Grants:
Undergraduates receiving aid 66%
Scholarships & Grants:
Average amount received $5,637
Notable Alumni of the LHU
- Michael K. Hanna, Sr., a Democratic member and Minority Whip of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Habern W. Freeman, Maryland politician
- Harris Jacob Bixler, United States of America Congressman from Pennsylvania, 1921–27
- Harry L. Haines, United States of America Congressman from Pennsylvania, 1931–39 and 1941–43
- Red Murray, a professional MLB baseball player.
- Buell Snyder, United States of America Congressman from Pennsylvania, 1933–46
- Kevin O’Dea, NFL assistant special teams coach for several teams, presently with the Kansas City Chiefs
- Jamie Varner, All-American wrestler, and NBA Champion; retired professional Mixed Martial Artist
- Charley Molnar, Head Coach of UMass Minutemen football
- Tym De SantoFinalist, HGTV Star, Host, Style File Show, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Kevin RushTMBSL Manager & Owner New Jersey Nets
- Brittani Kline, Winner, America’s Next Top Model, Cycle 16.
- Sara McMann, 2004 OlympicSilver Medalist in the women’s freestyle wrestling.
- Tina MartinHead Coach of University of Delaware Women’s Basketball (1996–present)
- Cary Kolatfour times Pennsylvania State Champion in wrestling, two times NCAA Champion Wrestling, current coach of Campbell University; Competed in 2000 Sydney Olympics. A three-time World Cup gold medalist also won World silver and bronze medals.
- Jim Larkin, NFL player
- Charlie Brenneman, Bald Eagle wrestler and professional MMA fighter, formerly in the UFC’s Lightweight Division
- Tim Boetsch, ProfessionalMixed Martial Artist, currently competing for the Ultimate Fighting Championship