Tobacco Scholarship 2021 is a scholarship program that is organized and sponsored by the Virginia Tobacco Commission, currently, it is open for applications, make sure you this article to the end, so that you will be able to know everything about the Tobacco Scholarship 2021, who is eligible, how to submit your application, deadline and other information.
The tobacco Scholarship program is established in 2002 by the Virginia Tobacco Region Revitalization Commission (Tobacco Commission) to support and strengthen the economies of Southwest (SW) and Southern Virginia (SV) with education assistance to its citizens to enroll for their bachelor’s degree. The Virginia Tobacco scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship that is open for students in the United States and Canada.
Virginia Tobacco Scholarship Worth
The tobacco Scholarship program was hosted and sponsored by the Virginia Tobacco Commission just to provide tuition assistance to all former Virginia resident tobacco growers, quota holders, their friends, and family members whenever they enrolled at VHCC.
Who Can Apply For The Tobacco Scholarship
Tobacco Scholarship is not available for high school students.
- All applicants of the Scholarship must have a minimum of a 2.0 GPA with other requirements for satisfactory academic progress that meet all the VHCC College Catalog admission requirements.
- Immediately an applicant is awarded the Scholarship award, he or she was must submit their application every year and submit other required documentation by the deadlines published.
- While those students who received the award in the 2019-2021 scholarship program will be allowed to reapply online for a 2021-2022 award to be eligible and they will be awarded the Scholarship again as returning scholarship applicants.
- You need to reapplies for the Scholarship by logging into your account, then update and submit your 2021-2022 application, and other required documentation before the deadline.
Eligibility Requirements For The Tobacco Scholarship 2021
The Scholarship program available and it will fund a one-degree course for each student. The Virginia Tobacco Commission won’t pay toward graduate-level courses, degrees, or endorsements.
The tobacco Scholarship is open to
- Juniors and Seniors students with STEM-H majors by GPA or other juniors and seniors by GPA.
- Sophomores by GPA
- Freshmen by GPA (4.0 to 2.0 GPA order)
The Tobacco Scholarship fund will be paid directly to the college and university of the successful applicant after an invoice has been received, the organization of the Tobacco Scholarship award will issue an email in priority award order until funds are depleted and the invoice won’t be accepted from the college or university until the deadline dates.
Both returning award winners of the Tobacco Scholarship will be are awarded a Tobacco Region Loan Forgiveness award that will receive an award email or a Master Promissory Note.
The Master Promissory Note will need an electronic signature and it must be submitted to the Virginia Tobacco Commission, immediately it is received and signed with other required documents, then they will notify your college or university of the award.
You have to make payment arrangements until these funds are released, that is why you need to read and understand the Tobacco Scholarship and your college or university rules and regulations.
- All applicants are advised to check their university or college to know the award may affect their financial aid package and then notify the office if they choose need to accept the award.
- All applicant that wants to use this funds for an associate’s degree in a 4-year college/university won’t be offered by the community college serving student are not eligible for other funding for their bachelor’s degree because the Tobacco Scholarship program is structured to help with just one degree for each student per lifetime.
- All new applicants need to apply online and provide the required documentation so that they can receive the forgiveness loan.
- They will receive a loan not a scholarship because the terms and conditions are to earn possible forgiveness for this loan through employment immediately after their graduation after a 4-year degree are provided in the Master Promissory Note.
- All applicants who are awarded must sign the Master Promissory and an Addendum for payments and must be submitted to their college or university.
- Please note that if the terms for forgiveness are not met, then, the repayment of the funds will be required and the recipients of the loan forgiveness award will get assistance for one degree (maximum of 4 years).
- You must be at least 21 years of age before you apply for this scholarship and also have a co-maker that needs to sign the Master Promissory Note and Addendum.
- Currently, both returning and new winners of the scholarship will be awarded a loan forgiveness award is 2021-2022; and the award will be a loan worth $1000 for the end of the semester and $1000 for Spring maximum of $2000 each academic year.
If you can be eligible for the Tobacco Scholarship you must be enrolled in a minimum of nine semester hours per semester.
Former Virginia resident tobacco growers and quota holders
How To Apply For The Tobacco Scholarship 2021
Follow the link below to apply for the Scholarship 2021.
All interested and eligible students need to complete the online application and submit the Tobacco Scholarships Application form.
The Tobacco Scholarship 2021 is only available for only Bachelor’s degree students in an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada, and he or she must apply for Financial Aid.
The Tobacco Scholarships pays for the full cost of tuition of each student that wins the award, while those that didn’t receive financial aid or, for those who have unpaid tuition balance after all other financial aid has been applied.
To apply for Financial Aid online at www.fafsa.gov. and make sure you include VHCCs school code (#007099) with filling your Financial Aid form.
All applicant need to provide proof of eligibility, that includes the following
One copy of the 156EZ or MQ24 form can get this form from your local Farm Service Agency.
A notarized statement defining your relationship to the grower/quota holder.
Tobacco Scholarship 2021 Application Deadline
Tobacco Scholarship 2021 application must be complete and submitted before the end of 2021 for summer 2021, while spring applicants can submit their application in 2022.